Stephens Co. Board of Comm.
The five members of the Board of Commissioners are elected at-large to four-year terms on a staggered basis. The Chairman of the Board of Commissioners is elected annually by the commissioners. Each Commissioner is given a specific work assignment, and asked to serve as a liaison for the Board in the area assigned.
The Board appoints a county administrator who serves as the chief administrative officer to carry out the policies and handle day-to-day responsibilities.
- Provide the highest quality service possible to county residents in a fiscally responsible manner
- Conduct business in an open and professional manner without favoritism
- Manage, spend and account for tax dollars in a responsible manner
- Respond to the needs and concerns of the residents of the county
- The Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 5 p.m. and the fourth Tuesday of each month at 8:30 a.m.
Contact: John Rutan P.O. Box 386 Toccoa Ga. 30577 706-886-9491